10 Gallon Stocking

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the list of stocking suggestions here on Fishlore? It has lots of good ideas. I'm also trying to decide what to put in my next 10 gal; so I'm following your thread to see if there are any tempting ideas and combinations. My last 10 gal had 6 galaxy rasbora and 6 crystal red tetra. It wasn't a great combo. The galaxies are very shy and would hide when I walked by the tank. They did better when I upgraded them to a 30. I think mainly because the emerald eyes I had in that tank were a better signal fish for them. Chrystal reds aren't common and according to need a larger tank.

willclark797

Reaction score
fyshfuud said:
Have you seen the list of stocking suggestions here on Fishlore? It has lots of good ideas. I'm also trying to decide what to put in my next 10 gal; so I'm following your thread to see if there are any tempting ideas and combinations. My last 10 gal had 6 galaxy rasbora and 6 crystal red tetra. It wasn't a great combo. The galaxies are very shy and would hide when I walked by the tank. They did better when I upgraded them to a 30. I think mainly because the emerald eyes I had in that tank were a better signal fish for them. Chrystal reds aren't common and according to need a larger tank.
I've looked at that list but it only tells you how much of each species to put in the tank. I want a multi species tank which I know is hard with a tank as small as a 10 gallon. I'm also not sure what most of those species are.

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what most of them are either; but I figured if you wanted uncommon or unique it would be a good place to start. You can look them up using the search on and when you find what you like you can ask here about compatibility. You may also be able to ask your lfs what they are able to order. Some places will let you view their catalog or be able to make suggestions based on availability.

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of either 1 or 1 with a small school of something. If you don't want to look up each thing blindly, you could watch Rachel O'Leary's channel on YouTube. She has great nano fish species profiles (0ver 100!) and advice. She also sells them. I have not bought from her personally, but have heard good things about her. She won't be shipping again for a few months though. She's on a medical leave.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom