10 gallon stocking, will this work?

BigManAquatics

If you do the betta i would do 6 neons or so. Juliis woukf do better with a bigger area on bottom, like a 20 gal or 20 long. Pygmy cories would be better, they are a lot smaller. Probably skip loaches too.

Upvote 0

darkcat

Ok, but I thought juliis can thrive in 10 gallon. Neon tetras and bettas use different level of the tank. So I though that it'll work. Can the number of juliis go smaller to fit?

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

No Cory can thrive in a 10 gal unfortunately. A 20 is the minimum. This tank would be over stocked with all these fish. Since a 10 gal isn’t that big maybe a betta and 6 ember tetras OR 6 chili rasboras

Upvote 0

darkcat

Okay, thank you
In other webs it says 10 gallon is the minimum tho.

Upvote 0

ninetyinone

Ok, but I thought juliis can thrive in 10 gallon. Neon tetras and bettas use different level of the tank. So I though that it'll work. Can the number of juliis go smaller to fit?

I would say that they share the same areas of the tank. My bettas and tetras sleep in the low levels of the tank, hang in the mid levels of the tank, whilst the betta comes to the top more frequently/if I walk up and he thinks that I'm going to feed him, and the tetras are more shy. The problem with a small tank is that these 'levels' aren't separated as much because the distance between mid/top is only a few inches vs feet in a bigger tank where you'd see better separation. I have a 10g with a betta, 6 neons, and a bunch of ramhorns. I probably have room to add 2 more tetras but otherwise that's it.

Okay, thank you
In other webs it says 10 gallon is the minimum tho.

I think this is the same when websites say betters can be kept in 3g - not ideal except in very specific situations.

Upvote 0

darkcat

Oh ok!! Thanks
I would say that they share the same areas of the tank. My bettas and tetras sleep in the low levels of the tank, hang in the mid levels of the tank, whilst the betta comes to the top more frequently/if I walk up and he thinks that I'm going to feed him, and the tetras are more shy. The problem with a small tank is that these 'levels' aren't separated as much because the distance between mid/top is only a few inches vs feet in a bigger tank where you'd see better separation. I have a 10g with a betta, 6 neons, and a bunch of ramhorns. I probably have room to add 2 more tetras but otherwise that's it.

I think this is the same when websites say betters can be kept in 3g - not ideal except in very specific situations.
So it kinda means like they can survive but won't have fun or be happy. Get it. Thanks you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
darkcat
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
10 Gallon Tank 10 gallon stocking ideas