10 gallon stocking ideas?

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 10 gallon planted tank and have no clue what to put in it. I've been bouncing some ideas around but nothing has really stuck. I do know that I don't want any small schooling fish like guppies and I don't really want a betta just because I've kept mostly bettas in the past and I want something different. Ideally I would have 2-3 fish with a nice personality that I could just sort of "get to know" and interact with. I'm open to suggestions so I'll take whatever ideas anyone has.

Sunflower

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
African dwarf frogs, hands down. You could get 3-5 and you will never get bored. They’re not fish but their care is just about the same. They each have their own personalities too.

aoiumi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I can't remember what they're called but either sparkling or croaking gouramis (I think these are different fish, I'm not sure which one I'm thinking of. Do you research!!!), you could keep three-four of them in a 10 gal, maybe more. Or one of the wild bettas, some of them can be kept together just fine.

Hugooo

Reaction score
You have a variety of options. Any livebearer will work. African dwarf frogs and pea puffers will also both work. Tetras, on the other hand, won't work because they need a much softer pH. Otos would also work. Cherry barbs are cute, but you said you don't want small schooling fish. Shell dwellers are also an interesting option, but do some research first.

New Threads