10 Gallon Stocking Ideas?

CoComissy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve been in the fish-keeping hobby for a while but I recently took a break after an overheating disaster. Although I’m not new, I have only really had betta fish. I have decided that I will try something new. A friend of mine brought a ton of nice things from there old fish tank so I already have a 10 gallon tank, a filter, and a homemade sponge/bubble filter. I am in the process of cycling the tank-a fishless cycle don’t worry- and I was wondering what fish would go nicely. I have a 15 watt fluorescent light, and nutrient rich gravel with lots of live plants. I don’t want to overstock the tank but I would love some lively schooling fish.
Any ideas?

Let me know if I missed something

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I personally like toucan tetras and CPD’s, I currently have CPD’s and they are a very enjoyable fish. If you only want a schooler then you can do up to 12 nanos as shutter said. You could add some shrimp or snails to that to make a very nice tank. Another option is to only have 7-8 schoolers and get 2 peacock gudgeons or badis. Pygmy gourami are an option as well.

CoComissy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much platylover I’m herring a lot of new names so I have some research to do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom