10 gallon stocking ideas. Combos.

AquaticQueen

I was wondering what fish combos could fit in a 10 gallon tank. Nano fish school with a small centerpiece like a sparkling gourami would be nice. What other options are there?

FinalFins

Invertebrate tanks,

blackwater tanks,

stream tanks,

bogmummy

Scarlet gem badis species tank. Or gulf coast pygmy sunfish but they seem kind of hard to find. I love them though look a lot like wild bettas but they're native to Florida. Check out this list I found on Tumblr recently. very comprehensive. I've also heard of people keeping very small dwarf cichlids in a tank that size.
Disclaimer, I have not kept any of these but I've been doing a lot of research on nano tank stocking recently.

FinalFins

Overstock.

I would cut down both cories and tetras and add to gourami group.

TWiG87

Would 10 pygmy corys work with 7 ember tetras and 2 sparkling gourami.
It’s possible with a lot of maintenance.
That’s kind of crowded

AquaticQueen

Overstock.

I would cut down both cories and tetras and add to gourami group.
8 pygmy
6 embers
3 sparklers
Sounds okay?

FinalFins

6 pygmy
6 embers
4 sparklers

How about this?

TWiG87

8 pygmy
6 embers
3 sparklers
Sounds okay?
Keep it at that and you should be fine

AquaticQueen

It’s possible with a lot of maintenance.
That’s kind of crowded
Should I do just the pygmy with 3 sparklers.

TWiG87

I think you can do 6 embers as well. They are pretty small and aren’t going to make or break a bioload. Just keep up with weekly water changes

AquaticQueen

I think you can do 6 embers as well. They are pretty small and aren’t going to make or break a bioload. Just keep up with weekly water changes
So this would work with weekly 50% water changes?
9 pygmy corys
6 embers
2-3 sparklers
Instead of the sparklers would a female betta work? Too aggressive? Would she eat them?

TWiG87

So this would work with weekly 50% water changes?
9 pygmy corys
6 embers
2-3 sparklers
Yea I think you’d be alright

AquaticQueen

Yea I think you’d be alright
Would a female betta work with them instead of the sparkling gouramis.

TWiG87

I'm not too well versed in Bettas, but I don’t see why not. Like you said, I would do a female and not a male. Assuming they all like the same water.

AquaticQueen

I'm not too well versed in Bettas, but I don’t see why not. Like you said, I would do a female and not a male. Assuming they all like the same water.
1 female betta
9 pygmy
6 embers (possibly chilI rasboras)
Sound good?
Also would a mystery snail effect the stocking list?

FinalFins

Sounds good, but keep up on water changes and maybe lower the pygmy amount to 7.

FantasyFanVII

I'm with FinalFins. Also have a backup plan for the betta in case she does turn out to be an aggressive little snot. And make sure you have a lid if you have a betta.

ProudPapa

Would a female betta work with them instead of the sparkling gouramis.

I have a female betta in my 40 gallon community tank, and she's not at all aggressive. However, it's my understanding that their personalities can vary widely, so the answer to your question is "Maybe, but there's no way to know until you try."

AquaticQueen

I'm with FinalFins. Also have a backup plan for the betta in case she does turn out to be an aggressive little snot. And make sure you have a lid if you have a betta.
Well I won't have a backup tank in case something goes wrong because right now there's another male betta in in my 5.5. So unless he's willing to share a tank space with her (not going to happen) she won't have anywhere to go. I think I'll try it and at worst I'll have to give her away.

FinalFins

Single female betta. Homeys get too social and active for a 10g.

AquaticQueen

Does anyone know of any Canadian online fish store that carries salt and pepper corys?
Thinking of adding those instead of the pygmys.

FinalFins

I think its called Angelfins but I cannot vouch for them as I have not ordered from them.

AquaticQueen

I think its called Angelfins but I cannot vouch for them as I have not ordered from them.
I checked Angelfins. They don't carry them.

AquaticQueen

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom