10 gallon stocking/bottom feeder

aquari0jess

Hi, I'm not sure if this would be overstocking or not. I have a 10 gallon tank. I currently have 3 fancy male guppies and 2 molly feeder fish. I want to add some type of bottom feeder. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4 panda corydoras? I'm not sure if that's too much for a 10 gallon. I mostly just want a bottom feeder to eat the leftover food that sits on the gravel. Maybe shrimp? Any advice would be appreciated ☺️ thank you.

BigManAquatics

Would be way too much with the cories, and too small for the cories, really. A mystery snail would eat the leftover food. Also, feeding just a tad less would help, too, though easier said than done.

aquari0jess

Would be way too much with the cories, and too small for the cories, really. A mystery snail would eat the leftover food. Also, feeding just a tad less would help, too, though easier said than done.
I thought the cories were too much but wasn't sure, thank you. I was thinking about getting a snail but I read that they don't like gravel and they only eat algae? I'm unsure.

PAcanis

I've got snails in one tank and all they appear to do is move about the tank.
And my shrimp don't seem to be doing much.
But my Salt and Pepper Corys I love. Not that I notice them doing anything either, but they act like they are. Corydorus Habrosus. Love em.

Although I love my Pandas, too. But they are in a larger tank. The three Habrosus are in a 10g with a Betta and six Neons. They appear to be just fine.
I also have more in a 20.

Bettasrock

I have had ghost shrimps before, and they helped a lot. Some snails eat vegetables and algae wafers... but my snail just eats algae.

Mii

Don't mollies get a bit large for a 10 gallon?

ButtercuptheOranda

My mystery snails don’t eat algae that much but they eat like everything else edible lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crazyfishperson
Replies
Views
Marlene327