10 gallon starter ideas

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok, so im looking for some ideas, maybe a list of critters and or fish hat would do well in a 10 gallon tank. Ive had big fish on the brain, so i need some ideas a variety.
Keep in mind these dont have to go together, im just trying to make a list to choose from.

ideally this will be her first freshwater tank, but she will have my supervision and she has helped somewhat with other tanks, so not a total novice.

Ok ideas?

Plecomaker

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, i have. I dont agree with some of those, but also dont have 70-80% of thoseavailable.
im also wanting people to consider suggestions of non fish, so other water craetures that are not on that list are welcome

ps justread this what a joke

kribs in 5 gallons, they must be nuts

ClearEyes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I love the look of blue shrimp! I've never seen one in person, as my LFS doesn't carry them, but pictures I've seen look really cool If it were me, I'd get some blue shrimp (if available) and contrast it with a bright red betta

DrSahl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could do shrimps, fish, or even go for an electric blue crayfish, this are really cool
He might even be able to have two depending on what kind of Crayfish he wants.. he would also save some money on not having to warm up the water. If I recall most of the Crayfish do well even in water below 20 degree and I am certain most people have it warmer

But it might need more water changing than the other options posted here.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The blue crayfish would need a bigger tank, 20L minimum. A pair of CPO should be ok in that size, either way it would need to be fortified so they don't escape.

tartersauce

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Also, if you were to do 2 crayfish, make sure there are ample hiding places they can stake out as territory. Otherwise they may fight for turf.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom