10 Gallon Redo With Seachem Flourite

1. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

I had a running 10 gallon that I just used for extra plants and surprise lampeye fry.

I decided to redo it and add flourite, hoping for better plant grow. If all goes as planned, it'll be my least killifish, Heterandria Formosa, winter tank.

I gently washed the flourite in a wide container and basically just let the red water flow out of the container, it took about 30 minutes.
    After letting the fourite dry, I emptied the tank, and added the dry flourite. Slowly added water, the water didn't turn red, big surprise! There was just a thin layer of something on top of the water which I removed with a paper towel.
    Even with planting, the tank never got really cloudy, the last picture was taken about 3 hours after I was done.
    I will add more plants in the background and wood.
    Before the fish move in, I'll add leaves in the front of the tank.
    Any suggestions?
    IMG_20170716_173825.jpg IMG_20170716_173845.jpg IMG_20170716_185551.jpg IMG_20170716_213330.jpg

2. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I suck at aquascaping but plan to buy Flourite soon so I am checking out this thread. Looks great in your tank, it gives it a natural look.

3. OP
    OP
    Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

I am not sure I like it. I bought flourite because some things just don't grow for me. I hope the substrate will get covered by plants soon. Somehow it reminds me of cat litter :)
    My other tanks have black sand which looks better in my opinion.
    Just wanted to share because I read horror stories about how bad the water clouds/stains.