10 Gallon Planted Tank

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by The salient, Apr 21, 2017.

1. The salient

The salientValued MemberMember

How much lighting would be good in watts for a heavily planted 10 gallon tank? I'm using led lights and some of the plants breach the surface so some light will get blocked but I don't wanna burn my plants out but don't want insufficient light either, whats suggestions for this situation. Two big swords and two small swords, two nana plants , two luteas one Anubia, but more on the way, I plan to stock the tank with around 6-8 tetras or white cloud minnows. It has a glass top but wanted to know best lighting option from all u fine people that may read this so I get the best bang for my buck and light it properly, I do not use co2 I have river jack substriate with seachem root tabs in it and dose seachem flourish 1-2 times weekly, thanks all

2. Dolfan

DolfanFishlore VIPMember

Watts is not an accurate measure of lighting in regards to plants and aquariums. PAR is a better estimate. Here is a link to article I put together that has a section on lighting with some info and link to a great article that explains all about PAR.

How To Set Up a Low Light Low Tech Planted Tank

Link may not work if you are on app, best to use regular web browser version or check out the members articles section tab at top of page.

A Finnex 24/7 or Planted Plus would be great for you. Plenty of lighting for low-medium light tanks.

3. OP
    OP
    The salient

I have that light for my 55 gallon

4. OP
    OP
    The salient

The finnex 24/7 fully automated led 48 inch, thought about the marineland planted plus though but I really like the finnex does great

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice