10 Gallon Tank 10 Gallon Planted Stocking

faywayway

I have a heavily planted, tropical tank all ready and finally cycled. Was wondering if this stocking is okay:

5X male endlers livebearers
6X kubotai rasboras
3-6X asian stone mini/anchor catfish
3X bamboo shrimp

There will also be some dwarf shrimp and a couple small nerite snails in there as well. I'm also getting the rasboras, catfish, and bamboo shrimp from Aquatic Arts so there may be some extra fish as well. I don't know for sure but I know they add extras with shipping in case of fatalities.
The 3 pack of catfish on Aquatic Arts are sold out so I just wanted to know if I should go with the 3 when they're back in stock or if 6 are okay since all these fish are so small.

Thanks!

Freshfishguy

I have a heavily planted, tropical tank all ready and finally cycled. Was wondering if this stocking is okay:

5X male endlers livebearers
6X kubotai rasboras
3-6X asian stone mini/anchor catfish
3X bamboo shrimp

There will also be some dwarf shrimp and a couple small nerite snails in there as well. I'm also getting the rasboras, catfish, and bamboo shrimp from Aquatic Arts so there may be some extra fish as well. I don't know for sure but I know they add extras with shipping in case of fatalities.
The 3 pack of catfish on Aquatic Arts are sold out so I just wanted to know if I should go with the 3 when they're back in stock or if 6 are okay since all these fish are so small.

Thanks!
Everything sounds good except for the bamboo shrimp. Each single bamboo shrimp needs 20g. In my 40g breeder I have two. Also, I would highly highly suggest not even attempting to keep them in a tank until the tank has been established for 6 months, as they filter feed on all the micro-organisms and particulates in the water column that have not built up in sufficient qualities for them until a tank has been established for some time. I am speaking from personal experience on this, they will almost certainly starve even possibly if you supplement with powder foods.

For the catfish, yes keep 6. Because they are so small that should be fine.

Upvote 0

faywayway

Everything sounds good except for the bamboo shrimp. Each single bamboo shrimp needs 20g. In my 40g breeder I have two. Also, I would highly highly suggest not even attempting to keep them in a tank until the tank has been established for 6 months, as they filter feed on all the micro-organisms and particulates in the water column that have not built up in sufficient qualities for them until a tank has been established for some time. I am speaking from personal experience on this, they will almost certainly starve even possibly if you supplement with powder foods.

For the catfish, yes keep 6. Because they are so small that should be fine.
Oh my gosh thank you so much. I'll be honest I didn't know that much about them. I thought their care was similar to amanos and had been told 10 gallons. I would much rather get a group of them in a large tank but all I have rn are nanos.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom