10 Gallon plant suggestions for scape.

JLAquatics

Greetings all. I would love opinions and suggestions on a tank I will be scaping soon. It will be a 10 gallon aquarium with soil base and a sand cap. It will consist of Manzanita Driftwood and Lava Rocks hardscape wise. I have created a rough sketch for the design with what I want to go for hardscape wise. What I would like to ask you guys is what plants do you recommend I use in a setup created like this. The one thing I will add for sure is a Dwarf Lily in the back corner that tapers across the top of the tank for shade (and the Betta). I want the one end to be heavily planted with the plants slowly tapering off towards the right end. I will use some plants such as Bolbitis and Anubias Nana Petite in the rockwork, but I would love suggestions for the other areas of this design with rooted plants that do well in a soil base. Everyone's input is much appreciated!

Hardscape planner.jpg
PS: Tank will be low tech dosed with an all in one fert and liquid carbon if needed.

Fishnturtleguy933

Maybe some crypt wendetii red on the side of the smaller rock with a dwarf tiger lotus dead in the middle to break up the green?
Edite: just noticed your all ready adding a lily so maybe ludwigia sp.red? Or some bacopa of some kind?

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Maybe some crypt wendetii red on the side of the smaller rock with a dwarf tiger lotus dead in the middle to break up the green?
Edite: just noticed your all ready adding a lily so maybe ludwigia sp.red? Or some bacopa of some kind?
I definitely like Tiger Lotus looks wise. Maybe I could use one of those in the design. Thanks for the input!

Upvote 0

Fishnturtleguy933

I definitely like Tiger Lotus looks wise. Maybe I could use one of those in the design. Thanks for the input!
Any time. Best of luck too you. Can't wait to see the final outcome. I like the scape design so far.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views
Basil
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl