10 Gallon Halfmoon Stalking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by madisons obbsession, Apr 23, 2017.

1. madisons obbsessionValued MemberMember

Long story short I was at my LFS that takes in used things then sells them. They happened to have a 10 gallon halfmoon, tetra whisper, aqueon quitflow 10, and a led light for $10. I now have another hundred pounds of water in my room:D. I am going to set it up later today, but I need to know what i should put in it and how i should decorate it. I am wanting to get a large group of ember tetras, but I dont know how many. I already put one of the filters on my established tank.

2. JakeM2004New MemberMember

You could do at least 10 ember tetras, probably up to 12.

3. madisons obbsessionValued MemberMember

That's what i was thinking. Do they need very densly planted tanks? And, my tank does not have a lid. Would I have to worry about jumpers?

4. JakeM2004New MemberMember

I'm not really sure on that, as I have no experience keeping them, but I would probably get a lid no matter what, just to be better safe than sorry. I'm sure some other people will know if they need densely planted tanks.

5. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

In a 10 gallon I wouldn't keep any other fish with a betta

They don't need densely planted tanks but they prefer them.
    I wouldn't worry too much about embers jumping but bettas are well known jumpers.

6. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I agree with the above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice