10 gallon fry tank

Stradius011

The ammonia and nitrite dropped down to 0 now. The ph is normal. The nitrate is still at 0. Still finding a filter to replace the SmallWorld Filter.

atmmachine816

Elite stingrays aren't bad, neither are sponge filters, and you can get a HOB filter and buy a strainer so the fry can't get sucked up. The last is my favorite, works like a charm and you get great filteration.

Stradius011

All of my Local Pet Stores don't sell sponge filters. If fry can get sucked up by the filter, doesn't it mean that its currents is too strong?

atmmachine816

Not necesarily especialy in a 10 gallon tank and you can put stuff at the output to stop it. Part of it the holes are too large in a intake filter. I just bought the bag for aquaclear filters sold separately, cut it to fit my filter and rubberbanded it on and it worked great. Some filters you can adjust the flow, though the main reason is the holes are too big.

Stradius011

Turns out that out of the 27 guppy frys only 4 are males.

atmmachine816

Are you sure, that's too bad, what you going to do with all of them?

atm

Stradius011

I found someone who wants 2 of the males. I'm going to use the remaining males for my next breeding. Not sure what to do with the females.

Here are a few pictures.

atmmachine816

You sure only 2 are males, some male guppies just take a long time to develop their tail.

Looks cool

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom