10 Gallon Freshwater Community Tank- Stocking Ideas Needed!!!

JoshM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey guys so I recently found a 10 gallon tank in my basement. It's already up and running. Its cycled, has plants, and some gravel. All it needs now is some fish. So do any of you have an idea of what I should put in it? Thanks In Advance, Joshsfish22

llama roadkill

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I personally think a RCS or betta tank would be nice. Not many schooling are community fish are suitable for that small of a tank.

Maybe even an ADF tank.

Dwarf puffers would be nice. If you have lots of plants, you could keep 2 or 3. They are neat little guys.

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well lets see, If I had a spare 10 gallon, I would probably divide it and put a betta on each side OR shrimp tank would be cool...............

mrHDpants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I second the suggestion of african dwarf frogs. They're fun and cute. You could also do guppies. Or a small school of tetras. A honey gourami would be fine in a 10 gallon. Shrimp could also be fun. There are sooo many options!!

becky3086

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my two 10 gallons I have shrimp and red snails in one and a red betta and glowlight tetras(5) in the other. The red betta and the orange on the glowlight tetras looks wonderful together.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Our 10 gallon has a group of guppies and a group of emerald dwarf rasboras. You could do a large-ish school (10 or more) of any of the microrasboras/microdanios in a 10-gallon tank since they are so small.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom