10 gallon fish tank

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well i'm still kind of fixing it up and all...this isn't the way i want it for ever so i would like as many comments as i can get!
i have 5 guppies (3 dragontails, 2 redtails), 1 dalmation molly (born june25<--his parents passed away), 1 bristle nose pleco and one albino cory catfish =]
my pleco in a cave(cave has lettuce beside it)<--half of a bowl that i broke my accident
clear.gif

two red tail guppies (not a very good picture..but they won't stay still!!)
clear.gif

3 dragon tail guppies 2 redtail guppies<--can't really tell because they won't stop moving!!
clear.gif

and that isn't that great of a picture...but that's my 10 gallon tank!
43.jpg

any suggestions would be great! good or bad i don't care i just would like some!!!
thanks<33

Attachments

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! Your guppies are beautiful! I've never seen yellow gravel before. Very unique and bright. I would suggest getting a photo background to tape to the back of the tank. Something natural and not too cluttered or colorful. It would block out the view of the rest of the room and help bring the focus to the fish and inside of the tank. You can get many different background papers for tanks at your fish store and it's cheap (should be less than $2 for a 10 gallon tank)

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Exactly what Phlox said, all it needs is a nice background then i think its perfect

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you don't want one of those picture backgrounds you can put black construction paper or a dark garbage bag taped to the back. Solid dark colors give depth to the tank.
Nice tank by the way and love the Guppys.
carol

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!
and i'll do the background idea!
but for now i'll use construction paper since i won't be going to the fish store till next week!

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice tank, but wouldn't 5 guppies, 1 cory, and 1 bristlenose pleco be overcrowded in a 10 gallon tank?

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
mine definetly aren't!!!
they're definetly the happiest fish i've ever had...when i come into the room they greet me..probably wanting more food
cuz they're little piggies.
but my guppies are definetly fine.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I always thought that I would overcrowd my 10 gallon tank(it has 3 guppies and 3 cories) if I added more fish. I guess I could add more guppies.

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
well it depends on your fish, some like more room others don't mind..
mine love the way they are right now!
so it mostly depends!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When the bristlenose gets grown he will be about 5-6 inches and the tank will be a bit over stocked but for now it's just at the edge.
Good excuse to look for a bigger tank Tamara OOOOPS!!! MTS(Multiple Tank Syndrome) made me say that.
Stradius011 - you could add a couple of guppies, remember to keep the ratio 1 male to two females so the spawning frenzy will be spread around
Carol

paul_219

Reaction score
Yes ur tank is gr8 very nice. I have a 10 gallon tank which look awful yukkie. I cant catchup from the brown algea that are growing in a very big way and all over the tank inside and outside.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Cute tank Tamara! LOVE your guppies and the pleco!

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
cooll ones...

i wish I could add guppies once my tank hs cycled...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom