10 Gallon Cory Tank?

1. Fish'd Member Member

So I might be getting a 10 gallon for Christmas (it'll probably be a Aqua-Culture 10 Gallon kit). I've been researching all kinds of fish, and decided on trying a species tank with bronze/albino corydora, with maybe a peppered or two if I can find them.

How many of these corydora can I keep in a 10 gallon? I was thinking 4, 5 max.
    I've heard of 10 gallons holding a few, but I can't find details on a species tank.

Anyway, I have VERY limited resources to get fish, and I can't order off of the internet, so that's the only type of cory I have, except for the rare different one. No little pygmies or pandas. D:

I know it's a lot to type up; sorry for rambling. I just really want to make sure I have happy, healthy fish. xD

Thanks in advance!

2. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)

A cory tank would be a great idea! You could house four cories of the species that you listed above in your tank since they get about 2.5 inches each.

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Cory's are so much fun! you'll love them!

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

5. Fish'd Member Member

@MissMTS: Thanks. <3
    See, that's what I thought, but sites go anywhere from 10-30 gallons minimum for corydora and I got confused. That's probably what I'll do.

Do you think you think I could get 3 and then try my hand at breeding and raising the 4th? Or will they not like being in groups of three? That's something else information is always conflicting about.

@Tony G.: I know! I've watched them play around at my store and on Youtube. They've stole my heart. :b

@Lucy: Thank you!
    Yeah; I kinda wish I had more variety, but I'll just have to go with it.
    No, I didn't see that! I told my Dad about it. Thanks for that. Maybe it'll convince him a bit more... ;D

6. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

7. Fish'd Member Member

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL cute! he's playing the elevator :giggle:

9. Fish'd Member Member

It's awesome how a creature as simple as that has so much personality. :p

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore, Fish'd. Great advice above. You and Tony have it going on with the vids. Too precious.

11. Fish'd Member Member

Thanks!
    I've gotten more advice here in a few hours than I have anywhere else in... quite a while. I'll definitely be staying.

Do you have a vid to share? :b

12. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

We're glad you'll be staying around! This is a great place with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people.

13. DRock914 Member Member

If you are going for all the same type of cory I would recommend the albino ones. They are always active and fun to watch. I grew up watching them, it's probably the only type of fish that has always been in the community tank since it was set up.