10 Gallon Cory Cats

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by WILL0FTHEG0DS, Aug 2, 2015.

1. W

WILL0FTHEG0DS New Member Member

2 Peppered and 2 Albino Cory Catfish

Sent from my LG-D850 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

That's a nice tank you have! However, most cory species are not appropriate for a 10 gallon (some would go to say that no cory species are appropriate for a 10) and need shoals of 6+!
    You may want to re-home the corys in place for a different bottom dweller.

EDIT: sorry, I may have come off as blunt. Welcome! (I do very much like your tank especially the root ornament in the center! It looks like a twisted tree from a forest)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I like the tank .Kind of like a walk on the dark side:;hi1. Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it. Lots of very helpful people on here. Alison

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Epic username! :D Very nice tank, I agree with Alison, it is like a walk on the dark side! :D Nice job!

5. OP
    OP
    W

I do have an empty 29 gallon and planning to move them over. Of course I'll add more cories just doing it with baby steps. Last thing I want to do is overcrowd. As far as the cories in the 10 gallon...they do well.

6. aliray

You could use the 10 as a quarantine tank before you put new fish in the 29 once you get that one ready. Alison

7. OP
    OP
    W

A quarantine tank would be good... Thanks for the 2 cents from everyone ;)

8. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Agree. I wouldn't add any more postmen in there as well hahaha !!!

9. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)
    The corys would appreciate the extra space in the 29 & you could up the number of each species to at least 6, they'd be very happy corys then.

10. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

As far as species in the 10, guppies (maybe albino and black)would look amazing with the layout you have going on!!! That is of course if you decide to not make the 10 a quarantine tank.

11. aliray

I only meant to make it a quarantine tank until the other tank is fully stocked and then use it for another tank. Alison:p

12. OP
    OP
    W

I'm thinking about making the 10 gallon the quarantine tank and moving my fish and new ones to the 30. I'll post a pic. :)

13. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Agreed with Coradee and Nympxzie.

14. LilChicken

LilChicken Valued Member Member

Welcome to fishlore, hope you find it as helpful as I do, there's some really nice people here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice