Experience
More than 10 years
What types of plants are in there?

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, about how much would you say the whole thing weighs? I'm getting a shelving unit tomorrow and each shelf is weighted for 350 lbs if evenly spread, but a ten gallon shrimp tank would only tank up about 2/3 the length of the shelf. It should only be like 150lbs right? With sand and decorations?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
kidster9700 said:
Oh, about how much would you say the whole thing weighs? I'm getting a shelving unit tomorrow and each shelf is weighted for 350 lbs if evenly spread, but a ten gallon shrimp tank would only tank up about 2/3 the length of the shelf. It should only be like 150lbs right? With sand and decorations?
The water would be 100 lbs (10 lbs per gallon), the weight of the tank, the gravel should be 10 lbs, so you would barely make it I think.. I can carry a 10 gallon with one arm so, it should be about 15 lbs at the most.

Livielupop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice tank! love how you arranged all the plants! And beautiful shrimp too aren't they RilI shrimp because I've been looking into getting some RilI shrimp

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah Dom is right. I don't think it's 150 pounds. It's less

Livielupop said:
Nice tank! love how you arranged all the plants! And beautiful shrimp too
Thank you . Don't know if they are RilI shrimp, some of my shrimp have the same colorations like the Rilis, but most of them are red cherries.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dom90 said:
The water would be 100 lbs (10 lbs per gallon), the weight of the tank, the gravel should be 10 lbs, so you would barely make it I think.. I can carry a 10 gallon with one arm so, it should be about 15 lbs at the most.
Well plus like driftwood or rocks. Maybe 125? I think that would be okay for not being spread across the whole shelf. I really like this set up though!

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How many shrimp do you have in your tank?

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I sold like 20 or so big cherry shrimp a couple weeks ago. These are just the juveniles and babies that are left. Last time I counted I had around 40+, I see way more now

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cool, I was looking into starting a 10 gallon shrimp tank and was wondering how many you have.

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tman2902 said:
Cool, I was looking into starting a 10 gallon shrimp tank and was wondering how many you have.
That's cool that you want to set up a 10 gallon shrimp tank. I only started with like 3-4 cherry shrimp and I ended up with a lot. They keep breeding

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
AquaticBrandon said:
That's cool that you want to set up a 10 gallon shrimp tank. I only started with like 3-4 cherry shrimp and I ended up with a lot. They keep breeding
Thanks for the info amigo!

-T

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
No problem

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads