10 gallon Betta tank. Can I add anything else? Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by gef21, Apr 15, 2010.

1. gef21

gef21Valued MemberMember

I have a fully cycled 10 gallon betta tank with "panther" in it. Is there any other living thing I can add to it or will the Betta attack any other creature in the tank?

2. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Usually bettas prefer to live alone. You *may* get away with adding an oto or 2, or a couple of corys, but have a back up plan in case he attacks them and it goes wrong weeks down the line. It frequently does, honestly, but the do love your company and your company alone.

I keep all 5 of mine alone, but I could not trust them with anything else, they're very fiesty haha!

EDIT: Or divide the tank and have 2 bettas with 5 gal each lol :;a2

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. claudiclesWell Known MemberMember

There are a bunch of threads on Betta companions in the Betta section of the board. I have my 3 all with small schools of cories and they do fabulously. Others swear by snails. Alone is good too as they are such cool little fish.

4. Elodea

ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

However, even with snails, keep a backup plan in mind. I've heard of bettas on this forum that would attack and flare relentlessly at even the most innocent mystery or pond snail!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice