10 gallon betta filter

1. STLBluesFan Member Member

to be honest, sitting here watching my tank cycle is really boring lol, and in this time, ive had time to think and have had many arguments with myself, and now i am wondering if the filter that came with the kit is too powerful? its an aqua tech 5-15 with a GPH of 100. i was wondering that if it would be better to go to a smaller, internal filter? any input is very much appreciated in this trying time for my patience

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I use the AquaTechs. They are great for the price. I also like AquaClears, if you want something thats a bit more versatile.

Side note on the AquaTechs, you don't have to use the carbon inserts. I always just stuff mine with filter sponges :)

3. STLBluesFan Member Member

yeah, i have not used those in a while, i always just buy either filter sponge and cut it or by a filter bag, and dont use carbon most of the time... its just it seems powerful for a betta, i guess i wont really know until i get 1 and observe

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

You can always baffle it :)

5. STLBluesFan Member Member

sorry? but i need to know what baffle it means? lol, i mean if you want me to confuse it, im sure i could come up with something?

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Slow the flow :D

With sponges, a soda bottle... there are lots of options. Just :;google

7. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

8. STLBluesFan Member Member

thanks!