10 Gallon ADF Nursery

MasterPython

Last time I tried this only 2 survived and they moved out of the tub into a 3 gallon plastic aquarium our betta used to live in while his new home was set up. I am counting 13 or 14 in each tub so as soon as the new heater gets here I am setting up a 10 gallon with 5 gallons of water for them. I started a sponge filter in thier parents tank soon after I pulled the eggs. Besides some moss and duckweed is there anything else they need? I have a old fish cave and a rock with a hole through it.

Lucy

Oh my goodness, you did a great job get so many to this stage. They are so cute!
No advice here, doesn't look like you need any. haha

I'd probably add some java ferns or other leafy plants for them to perch and hide.
That's really about it!

MasterPython

The heater showed up yestarday

MasterPython

Today's feeding frenzy

Lucy

That's awesome. How many do you have now?

MasterPython

I believe there are 27 of them. I have not lost any and most of them look good. A few are pretty skinny and I might seperate them.

StarGirl

Oh my goodness they are such cuteness! How big are they?

Lucy

Nice job!
I think the most I ever ended up with was 9. 12 including the adults.

MasterPython

They range from 3/8" to 5/8" long not counting legs. I think they need a bit more growing out and soon I can see if a LFS wants any.

MasterPython

So in the past few days a few of my frogs have developed fluid swelling. I pulled out 6 that ranged from swollen to ballin like and gave them an epsome salt bath before moving to an isolation tank. I think it might have been triggered by a water quality issue and I am staying on top of it. I noticed that all the frogs I pulled have very little pigmentation, so that might be a tell for a genetic weakness.

I am going to keep up the epsom salts for a few days and maybe get a few insulin syringes. They are tiny so I don't like the idea of trying to restrain them and not touch any organs that float around in the cavity. I am treating with melafix right now. I only have 2 doses of erythromycin left and have not worked out if that is enough for a full course in a small tank. I can't get more easily.

Lucy

Aw, that stinks :(
Good luck with the treatment

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom