10 g question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Tam9674, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Tam9674

Tam9674 Valued Member Member

My boys have a 10g tank and currently have 3 guppies in there. What else could we add without overstocking?

2. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't add any more fish(besides 1-2 more guppies), but I would suggest some shrimp or some snails. There are a lot of different shrimp out there that are beautiful.:)

3. Lady Monster

Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

I bought a 10 gallon tank for my cherry shrimp and will probably add some nano fish to the mix.

Dwarf shrimp are adorable :) they ride my snails around [​IMG] you could get a mystery snail and some cherry shrimp. Or ghost shrimp, they're much cheaper.

4. Platylover

Only bad thing about ghost shrimp is sometimes they can be mistaken for whisker shrimp which kill fish, so you have to watch out for that. They are also usually not very well taken care of and you'll usually have the majority die. But they are really neat, although I'd recommend amano instead just because they are healthier usually.

5. OP
    OP
    Tam9674

Tam9674 Valued Member Member

Awesome! Thanks. I had never really considered shrimp before. How many would you suggest?

6. Platylover

I'd recommend five to start off with, but if you get the more expensive ones two or three should be fine to start off. But I only have a few shrimp and haven't had them for very long. But in case you get some, they are freaky outside of water so make sure you get them in the net...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice