10 G Kit (or Near 10g)

1. Marco Rodriguez

Marco Rodriguez Valued Member Member

Hi.

Just looking for as complete of a 10 G set up as possible anything near a 10 would work too. I live in PHL. Thanks

2. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

Have you tried Wal-Mart? They have a ten gallon set up for a good price

3. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Walmart has a 10 gallon glass kit with filter, lid & light for $29.99. You will need a heater, but they sell cheap heaters too. You will need a 50W for the 10g. Walmart has the Tetra preset heaters for $15. You could get that one and save up for a better Aqueon or eheim adjustable later.

4. OP
    OP
    Marco Rodriguez

Awesome. Thanks guys :) means a lot

5. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Petsmart has a 10 gallon kit online for $48.74. It includes filter and adjustable heater. Today's deal if you buy online, and pick up in store is 10% off orders under $99. So that would be $ 43.87.
    It would be just under the walmart price once you add the heater, but this heater is adjustable and the filter is a hang-on-back. Walmart's is an internal filter. It is by Tetra and it is a descent filter, but I don't like filters taking up room inside my tank. Either option should do what you want.

6. OP
    OP
    Marco Rodriguez

Perfect. I was reading reviews and the Walmart one got ripped apart by the people commenting on it. Thanks :)

7. dansamy

dansamy Valued Member Member

I have the Walmart one. It's not bad. I actually like the filter.

8. OP
    OP
    Marco Rodriguez

Hmm I'll take a look at it again. Thanks

9. dansamy

dansamy Valued Member Member

The PetSmart option is a better deal IF you have a nearby PetSmart and can order online for in-store pickup.

10. OP
    OP
    Marco Rodriguez

Went to petsmart. Got everything we needed for the new tank + the tank. Sale made it only 60$!!

11. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

You know we love to see tank pictures! When you have it all done of course.