10 assasins

Discussion in 'Snails' started by ilikefish, Apr 4, 2010.

1. i

ilikefish Valued Member Member

I recently bought 10 assassins for my 55g and there was PLENTY of snails to be food but now 2 weeks later there are just a bunch of assassin snail shells... do they eat each other? parameters are fine... do silver dollars eat them? any ideas?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Just don't know anything about assassin snails sorry. Maybe somebody else will have an idea.
    Carol

3. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I've never kept them, but a quick Google search found this thread:

According to that thread, you can supplement their diet with raw fish.

4. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

They should be fine on pellets or anyother protien foods...dead fish, cichlid pettets and flakes.

5. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Maybe they weren't acclimated properly or something? As Ted said, they will eat normal fish food as well as other snails, so starvation shouldn't be much of a problem.

6. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

Mine eat all snails except bigger rams horns I keep MTS to supplement there food. I breed cories and no way I can get the snails from the jave moss and other plants or out of the sand. I put em in feed 1 pellet a week and make them hunt there food down. The little ones are mirror images of there parents stripes and all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice