1 Year of Fishkeeping and a Big Thank You!

NBettas83

Today is the day, June 11th. I explicitly remember this day a year ago, the excitement, going to the store with my cousin, bringing him home... Today is the 1 year anniversary of when I brought Farosh, my first Betta ever, plus two Nerite snails, home. I had just started my fishkeeping journey. We started off really rough with an uncycled tank, which caused the loss of the two Nerites, Tod and Ganon (SIP little buddies). I kept educating myself and learning, in August I eventually bought another Nerite, Tod Jr., Who is here today. By October, my cousin had already taken up fishkeeping after the week we spent together at a summer camp when I got my fish, he is an avid Betta owner already. With the tank, I've gone through many hardships, losses, successes and realizations. I've fallen so low in hope, and everyone here and on other forums pulled me back up. I am outstandingly grateful to each one of you, and I'd like to thank each of you for my wonderful first year of fishkeeping!

To Mike-
Thank you so much for starting this forum! It's a truly wonderful place to get advice on fishkeeping. I've learned so much here. Out of every forum I've tried, this is my very favorite.

To the Moderators-
Thank you for keeping this forum a safe place for all to enjoy! Although I know there are plenty of mixed opinions on the mods, in the end you're doing your job and doing it well. Thank you.

To Everyone On FishLore-
Thank you. Just thank you. For building my knowledge, giving me advice, and saving me and my fish. It is the best thing to come onto this forum with thousands of people who understand me and the hobby, and help me so much. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Thank you. Thank you for pulling me up when I fall, catching me when I stumble, and helping me learn every day. It has been an amazing experience here and in the hobby, and I can't wait to see what the future brings.

~NBettas83

My tank in June 2019 (sorry for the bad picture, taken from a video):

IMG-1765.PNG
The tank in June 2020 (now):

IMG-1759.JPG

david1978

Its a little fun here too. Not sure were i would be with out every one here.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views
MaximumRide14