1 week old Fry 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by JessiNoel21, Apr 18, 2012.

1. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Here are pics of my one week old fry

2. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Lol , love the legos

3. OP
    OP
    J

It was in the tank but my nephew wanted it in with them.

4. nippybetta

nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Those are colorful for only a week old. Also, the legos look great :)

5. OP
    OP
    J

6. Codyandme1

Codyandme1 Valued Member Member

Haha the lego looks great fun for them!
    I've been meaning to ask, does the egg yolk have to be cooked or do you feed it raw?
    I'm expecting some fry so will need to do some more research ;)

7. OP
    OP
    J

It has to be cooked and you mash it up with a little bit of water until it is like a loose paste but don't feed to much cuz it will cloud up your water you can also feed it to the adult guppies just mash it up and feed them alittle bit mine goes wild for it.

8. c

cameronpalte Valued Member Member

Great fry! Yours are the same age as mine there 1 week too:). I have heard about the egg yolk but generally I use hikari first bites, maybe I can try egg yolk.

9. Codyandme1

Codyandme1 Valued Member Member

Thankyou!
    I'll give it a try, I have a 'special needs' guppy at the moment who will only eat very VERY small food so I think he will appreciate that!

10. PrairieSunflower

PrairieSunflower New Member Member

Some plastics contain toxins. I don't know about lego but a general rule is to use made for fish plastics or food safe plastics.

They are a lot more colorful than my fry. Mine are just starting to get speckled tails at just over 2 weeks.

11. OP
    OP
    J

Legos are fine to be in fish tanks as long as they are the ones made after 1993 anything before that has trace amounts of lead and mercury in them. I did my research before putting them in plus I soaked them in hot water for 2 Weeks to make sure nothing leeched into the water. Yes I am suprised they are coloring so quickly some are getting to look like guppies already. I believe they are growing to fast lol they do not look like they did when they where born some have even doubled insize already.

12. PrairieSunflower

PrairieSunflower New Member Member

I have 3 batches in my nursery tank and notice a drastic difference in them all. First batch is 2 weeks old and growing quickly and only getting some spots now. Second batch are really really tiny but darker bodied. Third batch are under a week old still but just as big as the second batch.

I'm so anxious to see some real color, the first two batches of fry will all be surprises!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice