1 peppermint dead and the other 2 are missing

Martinismommy
UPDATE! 1 peppermint dead and the other 2 are missing

Well my attempt at getting rid of the unwanted growth in my tank has failed....Instead of the shrimp eating the Aiptasia it went the other way...Here is a photo of the rotten monster gripping my shrimp and eating him!

402.jpg

Shawnie
aww I'm sorry for the loss..is it suppose to eat them??... I do have to say, what an amazing pic of the nawtyness..that camera of yours is awesome

susitna-flower
How sure are you that the shrimp are actually gone? It looks like just the skin is visible in your picture...if they shed, the shrimp may be hiding out biding their time...are there lots of hiding places?

agsansoo
Your shrimp are probably still alive. That's just it's exoskeleton. Look for them at night, when they are most active.

Martinismommy
Wow! I hope you are correct Andy...Is it normal for them to shed the 1st day they enter a tank? I can see the tail on it too.....

There ARE a lot of hiding places..The tank is loaded with live rock...I'll keep looking....Are they nocturnal?

offminded
Your shrimp are probably still alive. That's just it's exoskeleton. Look for them at night, when they are most active.

I agree with Andy...it looks a lot like the skin after molting. My shrimp has done this numerous times. It scared the heck out of me the first time it happened...keep your chin up.

Martinismommy
I think you are absolutely right! After a really close look I have to agree it is his skin....I would never have given it a thought until you mentioned it...This forum has been so helpful!

I'll be looking for the little guys to surface...Here is another view of the skin...

404.jpg

Shawnie
I think you are absolutely right! After a really close look I have to agree it is his skin....I would never have given it a thought until you mentioned it...This forum has been so helpful!

I'll be looking for the little guys to surface...Here is another view of the skin...

403.jpg

WOW THANK GOODNESS! I still love your pics tho..totally amazed

Martinismommy
Thank you! Photography has been my passion for 30 years..I enjoy sharing my photo's and hope it helps someone along the way..In fact, if the owner of this website would like to use any of my photographs, feel free to do so...Just give credits to Karen Mac Auley (lil O'l me) he he

Martinismommy
Lookie what came wandering around the corner! I am so thrilled!

407.jpg

Shawnie
YESSSSSSSSS!

offminded
Sweet!!!

Oil_Fan
w00t!!

Rbacchiega
you probably just got the shrimp at the time it was getting ready to molt, sometimes different water conditions will coax them into molting.

Great looking photos btw

needabiggertank
additives

dont forget iodine. it helps the shrimps new skin.

Martinismommy
dont forget iodine. it helps the shrimps new skin.

Tell me more......PLEASE

Oil_Fan
Shrimp need iodine in order to molt. Now I've never added iodine to my tank and my shrimp regularly molts. If you're doing regular water changes and the water has enough of iodine and other stuff for the tank, then it's not really needed.

MonteCarloZ38
What settings are you using on your camera? Flash no flash? what iso and shutter speed? Thanks.

Peterpiper
I smell something fish here
Some trickery has happened
Check the date on the first post
The shrimp played a April fools joke
Or is there more to this

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishielover
Replies
Views