1 Panda Cory Not Shoaling With The Others

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by norlando097, Apr 18, 2018.

1. n

norlando097 Valued Member Member

So a couple weeks ago I bought 6 panda Cory’s and all but one have been shoaling together. This one in particular is larger than the others and tends to hangout by himself in the corner of the tank. He is also breathing much faster than the other ones and not eating as much. My water parameters are as follows: Ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5, and ph- roughly 7.5. Have any of you guys had experience with lonely corys??

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Are they all adults ?

3. OP
    OP
    n

To be honest I really am not sure. This is my first time owning them but it seems like I have a couple adults and a couple younger ones

4. DoubleDutch

could it be a female that is chased before you saw it seperate itself ?

5. OP
    OP
    n

I have not seen it get chased, it does sometimes hangout with the others but that is when the swim over to it. It does not play like the other ones do

6. DoubleDutch

Could the others are still adapting and this one is "ready" doing so.

7. OP
    OP
    n

I’m really not too sure. I kind of feel bad. I think my female Dalmatian molly knows something is up too because she is constantly swimming to the bottom and hangs out with him for a minute. And no there isn’t any aggression from her. I think she like hanging with the cories more than she does my male black molly

8. DoubleDutch

Okay. Can you post pic ?
    What are you feeding ?

9. OP
    OP
    n

I have been feeding a mix of frozen bloodworms to both species and Vipachips for the corys. I have even added garlic gaurd to see if it’s just picky but it only eats tiny amounts

Attached Files:

10. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

We have a school of 9 and there is one that more or less swims to the splash of a diffrent fin as it were :)

11. DoubleDutch

mmmm she doesn't look too bad (not entirely happy too btw). The fins aren't clamped !

12. Swampgorilla

Swampgorilla Valued Member Member

It's not unusual to have one or two corys who can't seem to get with the program.

BUT - they will also do this sometimes if they're not feeling well. I would just monitor the situation. I tend to think that removing a single cory to a quarantine tank puts a lot of stress on that cory and it will exacerbate whatever problem it already has.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice