1 Panda Cory Not Shoaling With The Others

  • Thread starter

norlando097

Valued Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
9
Points
43
So a couple weeks ago I bought 6 panda Cory’s and all but one have been shoaling together. This one in particular is larger than the others and tends to hangout by himself in the corner of the tank. He is also breathing much faster than the other ones and not eating as much. My water parameters are as follows: Ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5, and ph- roughly 7.5. Have any of you guys had experience with lonely corys??
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
13,201
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
norlando097 said:
So a couple weeks ago I bought 6 panda Cory’s and all but one have been shoaling together. This one in particular is larger than the others and tends to hangout by himself in the corner of the tank. He is also breathing much faster than the other ones and not eating as much. My water parameters are as follows: Ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5, and ph- roughly 7.5. Have any of you guys had experience with lonely corys??
Are they all adults ?
 
  • Thread starter

norlando097

Valued Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
9
Points
43
DoubleDutch said:
Are they all adults ?
To be honest I really am not sure. This is my first time owning them but it seems like I have a couple adults and a couple younger ones
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
13,201
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
norlando097 said:
To be honest I really am not sure. This is my first time owning them but it seems like I have a couple adults and a couple younger ones
could it be a female that is chased before you saw it seperate itself ?
 
  • Thread starter

norlando097

Valued Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
9
Points
43
I have not seen it get chased, it does sometimes hangout with the others but that is when the swim over to it. It does not play like the other ones do
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
13,201
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
norlando097 said:
I have not seen it get chased, it does sometimes hangout with the others but that is when the swim over to it. It does not play like the other ones do
Could the others are still adapting and this one is "ready" doing so.
 
  • Thread starter

norlando097

Valued Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
9
Points
43
I’m really not too sure. I kind of feel bad. I think my female Dalmatian molly knows something is up too because she is constantly swimming to the bottom and hangs out with him for a minute. And no there isn’t any aggression from her. I think she like hanging with the cories more than she does my male black molly
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
13,201
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
norlando097 said:
I’m really not too sure. I kind of feel bad. I think my female Dalmatian molly knows something is up too because she is constantly swimming to the bottom and hangs out with him for a minute. And no there isn’t any aggression from her. I think she like hanging with the cories more than she does my male black molly
Okay. Can you post pic ?
What are you feeding ?
 
  • Thread starter

norlando097

Valued Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
9
Points
43
I have been feeding a mix of frozen bloodworms to both species and Vipachips for the corys. I have even added garlic gaurd to see if it’s just picky but it only eats tiny amounts
 

Attachments

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,630
Reaction score
6,171
Points
658
Experience
More than 10 years
We have a school of 9 and there is one that more or less swims to the splash of a diffrent fin as it were
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
13,201
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
mmmm she doesn't look too bad (not entirely happy too btw). The fins aren't clamped !
 

Swampgorilla

Valued Member
Messages
318
Reaction score
168
Points
73
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's not unusual to have one or two corys who can't seem to get with the program.

BUT - they will also do this sometimes if they're not feeling well. I would just monitor the situation. I tend to think that removing a single cory to a quarantine tank puts a lot of stress on that cory and it will exacerbate whatever problem it already has.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom