1 of my Neons dead.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
:'( I woke up this morning and found one of my Neons dead. :'(

I've had my neons since april this year. I put the fish in this tank after a week (I didn't know about cycling at that point). Do you think this could have harmed his health or somthing, or made his life shorter?
Also I just changed the gravel in the tank, could this have stressed him more? ???
I'm realy confused as to why he died. They all seemed fine. :-\

When I got him out of the tank with the net, there was like red stuff on the net, and then when I looked at the neon he had like a cut on his side and was kind of bleeding. This can't be good can it?
I'm thinking this is probably how he died. ??? Any ideas how this could have happened?

Thanks. I will miss him. The other neons are swimming around wondering where he is. they seem to miss him too.

Gwenz :'(

friend_o_fish

Reaction score
He probably died of blud loss from the cut. I don't know what could have caused the cut though. I hope you feel better about the loss soon.
friend_o_fish
;D

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Thank, I just hope the others are OK. I don't think anything got in the net, but it is a possibility, but I was quite carefull not to get anything else in there too.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They seem fine, swimming around and things, they all swim together into the cave and to the back of the tank as if looking for him, it's quite funny watching them all swim together, it's as if they miss him too.

Gwenz

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes, cycling with fish can and does damage their health, even if they live through the cycling process. They become more suseptable to illness/parasites and die prematurely. Which is why we recommend not doing it.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gwenz, I am so sorry that your Little Neon died! :'( I am sure you gave him the best life you could. These things do happen. I accidently got one of my Otos caught in a piece the decor and crushed him when I put it back in the tank once. It was hurtful, but I knew I had not done it on purpose and I had to go on. It will be okay. Just remember the little fish and all the beauty he gave you while he was here and that you were a good fish keeper and tried your best.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom