1 more noob question

1. Mattkelsey Initiate Member

Hi again i bet people are sick of me:(
    I understand the need of the 2 good bacteria
    I have filled my tank took Almost a hour wow.
    hope i don't need to do it again. But here is my noob question.
    My water is very cloudy white in color with a hint of gray i forgot to rinse the sand do i need to empty it and refill the tank thanks for being so understanding and nice to this noob i hate to bug and sound so stupid:;smack

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Matt. Ask all the questions that you need to. That's what we're here for :)
    Eventually the sand will settle. I don't think I would start all over but it's up to you. Too, when you get the chance if you would be so kind as to fill out your aquarium information in your profile it would be a great help to others. You can click on "My Settings" in the blue bar. Then in the drop down bar click on "Edit Aquarium Information". Thanks!
    Ken

3. Mattkelsey Initiate Member

i just did it

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Great! Thanks. I hope you can share some photos of your tank with us once you're all set up.
    Ken

5. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

If people didn't ask question nobody would learn anything.

Like Ken said, the sand will settle in awhile and if you want you can change the water out.

Another option would be to take a gravel vacuum and remove some of the water and debris instead of all of it.
    If the sand was really dirty, removing all the water would probably be a good idea.

Good Luck!

6. Mattkelsey Initiate Member

well i changed the water moved the tank now i just need to wait till my tank is ready for a lil world

7. Thunder Member Member

Give it a few days for the sand to settle and there is the case of bacteria boom, so that will take a few days to clear as well.

8. Llama Well Known Member Member

I had cloudy water for a day or two due to loose debris in my gravel. Its perfectally normal. Usually in the end it either settles back, or the filter gets it, so i wouldn't remove the water.