1 fry and dont know who birthed...

Tiffany H.

Yesterday, I moved my 3 pregnant guppies to my nursery tank. They are pretty big, but still no little eyes in their gravid spots. This morning, I woke up to find 1 little fry in my community tank, and don't know who birthed it. I do have 1 pregnant swordtail in there who has had a dark gravid spot for about 2 months, but again, no little eyes...I am baffled as to where this fry came from. Do you ALWAYS see eyes before the mother gives birth?

iloveengl

COngrats Tiffany.

I've never seen eyes in the gups, platys, or mollies before they gave birth. Maybe I've just never looked closely enough. :shock:

Tiffany H.

thanks! and before, when my guppy gave birth, I did see little eyes.

bassbonediva

I've never seen eyes either. In fact, usually the only time I know my platies have given birth is the fact that they're slimmer. Of course, the tank I have them in is not a very fry-friendly tank, so any fry I have generally get eaten pretty quickly unless they're incredibly good hiders.

monkeys10

congrats
and I have had the same problem
three lil ones did get eaten
but their gravid spot should be a give away for you
should be lighter

Tiffany H.

monkeys10, it didnt come from any of the females I moved. they are all still pregnant. its a mystery fry...lol. I still can't figure out where it came from. guess ill have to wait until it gets bigger and see who it looks like

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
Roomcat
Replies
Views
KeengOfBlasia
Replies
Views