1 female molly 2 male guppys

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 1 female mollys and 2 male fancy guppys in my 5.5 gallon. I know the balloon molly full grown is 2 inches. The male guppies at most should be 1.5 inch each. so ok, my feamle molly was in there first. Now that I got the male guppys, the molly is now chasing them around. For the first 6 hours they seemed to all be in harmony nobody chasing anyone and now my female molly is chasing them. I heard of the two male guppys chasing a female molly, but i knew my molly was tough and thought they would all get along fine. What should i do? wait it out.... i get freaked out at stuff like this and dont want the male guppys to die from stress

poppet

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can u remove the molly for a while and then put her back in and see how it goes.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They're probably harrassing each other. My males usually chase all of the female livebearers around and later the females get pised and then they chase the males around. This goes on and on and on. ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Stradius011 said:
They're probably harrassing each other. My males usually chase all of the female livebearers around and later the females get pised and then they chase the males around. This goes on and on and on. ;D
those fish sure have some crazy ideas about dating.. why, back in my day the male would bring the female some flakes and they'd swim off to watch a move at the swim-in movie theater right outside the tank.. :

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom