$1 a gallon sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disc61, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Hi all, not sure if this has been already posted ( i didn't see it anywhere)
    I was in Petco Yesterday and noticed a bunch of 55 and 40gl tanks stacked up, but no prices on them. I talked to the Manager and ask her when the sale started.
    She said December 26th. it is up to and including 55gl tanks. $1 per gallon,
    So, if you didn't get what you wanted from Santa, or you just need another Tank;D
    Go get'em

2. FishJunkie50New MemberMember

I'm assuming Petco stores nationwide right?

3. ayladWell Known MemberMember

Just what I've been waiting for! *hyperventilates* I might be about to get my first 4-footer! ;D

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I need to move to America just for my fish keeping hobby. that's like €40 for a 55gal tank. The absolute cheapest new 55gal you can get here is €200

5. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

I have an extra bed room :;laughing

6. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

OMG! I wonder how long it will last :(

7. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Several weeks to a month :;th

8. Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Yes

9. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

FishLore members are so compassionate ;)

10. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Sharing is caring! :D

11. LyleBWell Known MemberMember

I'll be getting my Twenty long then. Been waiting for the sale. I converted my last one to a refugium for a reef tank I had years ago. Could remove the dividers, but I may someday want to re-establish the reef.

May pick up a 40 breeder too, I like the idea of the added width for a planted tank, plus it's still fairly shallow, so cheaper lighting. Heck, I may pick up a 55 too at that price. Don't have one of those. :D

Need more room and time.

12. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

You guys are lucky! The nearest Petco to me is over a hundred miles away, and it'll be several years before I can sneak out in the dead of night to get my fixings:;nin2

13. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

and by dead of night ... we mean between the hours of 9am and 9 pm ... :) average store hours ... Sorry Batman, no special treatments for dark knights! :p Store policy! If I get a job at the one opening near my house I may be able to sneak ya in the back door ... but thats it, employee discount is mine! :cool:

14. Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

I drive 80 miles almost every weekend to get my fish related stuff.

15. klogue2Valued MemberMember

Just wondering if the sale includes both 40 breeders and 40 longs? I don't like the breeders and wasn't sure if the normal 40g tanks would be on sale from what I've found.

Would like to start a 40 or 55 and this sale came at the right time for me :)

16. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Well I cannot LEGALLY drive yet. Bwahaha!:;nin2

17. Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

Lol. I think ima look at the 20 longs tomorrow. Thinking planted shrimp. . .

18. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

I believe it's just 40 Breeder :( Sorry. They do have 55s included though! :D

19. klogue2Valued MemberMember

Oh man, that sucks! I was going to go with a 40 long :p

I wasn't sure because some places on the web say 10-55 gallons, and others say 10, 20, 20L, 40B, and 55 specifically. Maybe I'll just call them tomorrow and find out what my local petco is selling, perhaps it's different nationwide?

20. ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

I was just about to say you should probably call. :) I dont know if they vary, but mine sofar has been 10, 20L, 40B and 55 and I think one other but I dont remember what. Good Luck with that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice