$1 a Gallon- everyone's favorite

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by bettaaddict14, Jul 6, 2016.

1. bettaaddict14

bettaaddict14New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know when the next dollar per gallon sale will be? Now that I have planned my tank, I'm debating whether or not to buy the tank itself now or have restraint until the next sale.

Although, let's be honest, when has anyone ever been able to have restraint when there's a future tank on your mind?

2. Alphonsus

AlphonsusWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    3 years
    Well know on knows when the next dollar per gallon sale is until they release it. The one currently at Petco ends July 17 so you still have more than a week to decided whether or not to treat yourself. If you know you are planning one in a few months whether your saving money or haven't decided what to stock, you should still by the tank and just store it until you can progress. Trust me, if you wait for the next dollar per gallon sale it will be agonizing. You might have your plan and everything a week later after the sale and know if you are planning a 40 gallon or higher even a 29 gallon(don't know how much that cost) you have to wait for the next dollar per gallon sale which might be in 2 months or more.

3. g25racer

g25racerValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Weird my local Petco has the sale going until Aug 6

4. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Petcos in NEPA and North Jersey are having the dollar per gallon sale until August 6 as well.

5. Bbarb27

Bbarb27Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    The Petco sales seem to vary by region. Ours is currently going on until July 17.

$1 per gallon is how I ended up running 8 fish tanks. MTS (multiple tank syndrome) is very real :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  6. g25racer

g25racerValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Indeed it is!

I went from 0 tanks to 6 within 8 months. Now im.back down to 5