1.5 gal no tech Buddha tank

ruud

IMG_20220508_144915957_HDR.jpg
DOOA tank, 6 inch/15 cm x 6 inch/15 cm x 10 inch/25 cm - 5,6L/1.5G
Dark UV-protection sheet in the back; fully transparent UV-protection sheet on the left.
Buddha statue, dark lava stones (ADA Koke), aqua soil, few spiderwood branches, java fern "mini". No tech, just sun.
Still to be added: Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" in the bottom front and a few orange rili shrimp.

IMG_20220508_144752496_HDR.jpg

StarGirl

Those are really cool. I was going to ask if it was outside till I saw the second picture.

Blacksheep1

Ooh I love it !! Great job !

How do you keep the Sarracenia alive ? That is the one plant I just cannot keep alive ( alright second as alocasia’s hate me ).

ruud

Ooh I love it !! Great job !

How do you keep the Sarracenia alive ? That is the one plant I just cannot keep alive ( alright second as alocasia’s hate me ).

Very poor soil + RO water + lots of sunlight.
And not keeping the house so clean to attract a few flies every once in a while ;)

Blacksheep1

I looked like a loony catching flies to feed it. It just wilted :( I’ve given up murdering , I mean keeping these plants .
Ps your house looks spotless :)

ruud

I looked like a loony catching flies to feed it. It just wilted :( I’ve given up murdering , I mean keeping these plants .
Ps your house looks spotless :)
Thnx, I'll tell my wife.

WRWAquarium

Another pretty little tank!

What do you do when it's winter and the sunlight is weaker and shorter?

I'm in the UK and would love to try something similar.. but I fear it would only only support plant growth for a few months of the year.

ruud

Another pretty little tank!

What do you do when it's winter and the sunlight is weaker and shorter?

I'm in the UK and would love to try something similar.. but I fear it would only only support plant growth for a few months of the year.

You are right. And this is the case with all my tanks. During winter, it gets darker and colder. Metabolism slows down. Fish and shrimp breeding is over. I feed and fertilise much, much less. I love that seasonal cycle, and I bet, so do the plants and animals.

I did add a small LED light (one of those cheap ones intended for reading books in bed) in the past on the "larger" of the two, but only so that I can enjoy the tank during winter evenings.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Build Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom