1, 2, ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmmm, one of my dojos seems to be missing. I was actually planning on switching the decor around, so maybe it'll turn up.

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Dojos are well known for their hiding, and can easily wedge themselves into the tightest of spaces...look on the floor around the tank in case he bailed.

Don't be surprised if he suddenly turns up one day. An check the filter, just in case.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I lost my big abn last week. I checked everywhere, couldn't find him. Saturday morning, he was out and about like he never went missing.

I hope your dojo turns up soon. There's a good chance he's just playing peek-a-boo.

OP
Jaysee

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Between the dojo and the killi, you aren't exactly a resounding endorsement for the python. :-\

How big was the dojo?
Like 4-5 inches.

I wasn't paying attention while draining the tank. Don't forget about the bichir, who's made a full recovery.

OP
Jaysee

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What happened to the bichir?? Another python attack?
Yeah, the bichir got stuck at the connector a while back....it's made a full recovery.

NOW, there is only one dojo swimming around. I am CERTAIN #2 didn't get sucked out in the python, so now I'm questioning whether #1 was sucked out.

They can't get in the filter, they aren't behind tank. There's one place they could be that I haven't looked, but the chances of them jumping out of the tank and falling into the uh, vase , that's next to the tank is slim to none, since the opening is only an inch wide. Also, the chances of BOTH ending up there are astronomical.

I'm going to dump it out though. It's time to change the water anyways.

Wow, that water was DIRTY No dojos.

Last edited:
OP
Jaysee

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So i found dojo #2... it was under the big easter island head, so i guess it burrowed its way under the head and died. i had to use the python to get it out...

still no sign of dojo #3, so im back to thinking it was sucked out during a water change.

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh, no! That's terrible! RIP dojos.

Can you rubber-band a mesh over the opening of the pythons so no fish will get sucked in? Pythons are deadly. That dojo and gold wonder killi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom