0 Of Everything, How Is That Possible ?

Zesso

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't understand, for 3 days now (after a 50% water change at 40ppm nitrates), everything seems to be at 0 in my 10 gallons tank.
0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates...
I'm pretty sure my test kit (API liquid test) do work since I use it with my 29 gallons...
It's not a "not shaking the bottle enough" problem because I did the test at the same exact time as my other tank and it was clearly at 20ppm for the 29.

It's not really a problem but I do not understand how is it possible, I have 11 fishs in there, they all eat, they all seems healthy, the water is crystal clear and the crazy thing is, there's no plants in there, everything is fake...

How ?

Thanks !

Swampgorilla

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sometime the GODS OF FISHKEEPING pick one fishkeeper and look upon the Earth and point at him and say ...

"YOU! YOU THERE YOUNG MAN (WOMAN) - YOU GET A FREE WEEK WITH NO NITRATES IN YOUR TANK!!!

Don't worry, they'll come back.

EDIT: One possible explanation? Little known fact that nitrates ARE eliminated in almost every established aquarium. It's just that - so few are eliminated that we don't notice it. Now ... what kind of filtration do you have and what kind of media is in it?

Zesso

Reaction score
Magic huh ? Do API make a test kit for that ?

I have an Aquaclear 20 with 2 sponges (instead of the carbon bag) and bio rings.
I'll add a picture...all the decorations in the tank are fake except the rock (and the Dragon Ball, but don't tell anyone...)

I guess I'll just wait & see then, thank you

Attachments

shiv234

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you probably got some dentrifying bacteria in there. Look for any air bubbles rising from your gravel or just move it around and see

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Zesso said:
Magic huh ? Do API make a test kit for that ?

I have an Aquaclear 20 with 2 sponges (instead of the carbon bag) and bio rings.
I'll add a picture...all the decorations in the tank are fake except the rock (and the Dragon Ball, but don't tell anyone...)

I guess I'll just wait & see then, thank you
huh. odd. no live plants and no uv filter.

you conditioned your water you added during your pwc? just needed to check... I'm sure you did.

I blame the dragon egg . I've heard they eat nitrates

Zesso

Reaction score
shiv234 said:
you probably got some dentrifying bacteria in there. Look for any air bubbles rising from your gravel or just move it around and see
I don't know but I'll let them do their magic then

Jenoli42 said:
you conditioned your water you added during your pwc? just needed to check... I'm sure you did.
I use prime.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom