Yeh, I've spent the last few hours reading up on this.
C02 under pressure can be in a liquid form from -57c up to 31.1c.
And you need to know the temperature of your stored C02 to know the weight.
As you say the weight varies tremendously at differing temperatures.
As I've no way of...
I'm giving this a bump as I'm far from certain that I'm correct about:
A) the 3 Litre cylinder should weigh CO2 weight 2.04Kg + empty cylinder weight 2.8kg = full weight 4.84Kg
B) the cylinder should be filled to the stated 'Charging Pressure' of 124 Bar / 1798 PSI
Anyone here have good...
Got the C02 cylinder home this evening and plugged it back into my system..
My regulator is saying 900 PSI.
When I bought the cylinder and plugged it into my regulator it said 1000 PSI.
So seems this refill is not as full as when I originally bought the cylinder.
That and the math strongly...
I've got a 3 Liter (6.6 lbs) C02 cyclinder.
It's 2.8 KG empty
1 Liter of liquid CO2 weighs approximately 1KG (1.024kg dependent on temperature (15c) and pressure(300psig)
You only fill a C02 cylinder to 68% (leaving 32% safety factor for gas expansion)
So filling my 3 Liter, 3kg * 0.68 =...
OK @Vishaquatics I will give that a go.
One question, what do you mean by:
'Set your light to 75% (all values, making it all default). '.
Do you mean Blue 75%, Red 75%, Cold White 75%, Pure White 75%, Warm White 75%?
Cause that's an awful lot of Blue, the Default Planted setting is only 20%...
Sorry @Vishaquatics - this is going to be a long one, but I could do with some advise:
It was a well balanced low tech tank that couldn't grow anything but Egeria Densa for 6 months.
Then my Fluval 2.0 light died. Had three weeks without lights which killed off even the Egeria Densa.
So a friend of mine took his kids (4-7 years) to a local park this weekend, and did some hand net fishing in a stream.
I'm guessing this is a Common Pleco? But it's a marvellous looking fish.
He said it was catch and release as far too big for their little tank.
I had similar algae problems, but not as extreme, at the four month stage, back when this was a low tech tank.
Back then I managed to balance the tank within a month or so by increasing the use of fertilisers (Seachem range of Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus + Comprehensive).
When I moved to...
No not Anacharis - forgotten the name though. This is a far more delicate plant,
Also not a great deal of it when looking at the tank as a whole.
(Photo after last Saturday's water change)
50g, 28c, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 25ppm, C02 30ppm, PH 7.4 True, 6.5 with CO2.
Lighting 8hrs at...
It's hard to see in the photo, but clear when looking at the tank, that the new growth for this stem plant is growing with greatly reduced leaf size and reduced distance between nodes.
It's essentially growing like a dwarf version of itself.
I thought this was a sign of Nitrogen deficiency -...
I stand by the Ista PH meter, it's been very accurate.
The only issue I've had is the calibration fluid supplied with mine had expired and was not holding the 4 PH for calibration.
It was easy and cheap to buy some 4 PH and 6.9 PH calibration sachets (mix with 250ml of distilled water).
Very good questions and ones I have been looking at recently.
I know of no accurate way to directly measure C02 ppm.
The only options I'm aware of are:
Use a drop Checker (I find these inaccurate and slow to change).
Use a KH table to estimate C02 ppm given a reading of both KH and PH (both...
What's holding the top row of 2x10 to the bottom row?
If it's just gravity and the few screws in the inside corner piece I'd be worried.
If someone were to fall against the tank for instance, would the lateral pressure be enough to cause 2cm of movement - inertia and the fragility of your...
Yeh - that's the problem. The wood is supposed to hold the weight not the screws.
Each screw will hold 30-50 lbs. No where near enough.
If any lateral force is applied your screws will fail and the wood will move.
Looks to have minimal support to me.
Not saying it won't hold, but I couldn't say it will.
What's holding it together beyond the screws?
Your cross braces look like they are only for decoration - can't see them adding a lot of structural support.
At the very least I'd have run your inside...