- Northeast USA
Valued Member, from Northeast USA
- There are no messages on JimSinclair's profile yet.
- Northeast USA
- Hypothetically, yes, I would if I were planning to add new fish (which I'm not)
- Country Flag:
- List any water conditioners and test kits used::
- Seachem Prime, API Freshwater Master Test kit
- 5 years
- Do you know about the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?:
- Aquarium Size:
- 437 gallons (basement pond made of Intex above ground pool
- Aquarium Type:
- Freshwater Fish Only
- Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.:
- Goldfish (commons and comets).
- Aquarium Start Date:
- This particular pond, October 2016. First tank setup with surprise rescue goldfish, September 2013.
- 66F last i checked
- ~7.5 (highest reading with the regular pH drops and lowest on the high-range pH drops)
- Overhead fluorescent light fixture with two T12 6500K tubes
The day after the 2013 New York State Fair my then-housemate, who worked at the Fairgrounds, found "leftover" prize goldfish thrown into a trash can. He brought home the ones that were still alive. I am an experienced dog and cat rescuer, but had not planned to take in fish. Thus began my learning experience. The fish spent their first night here in a 4-gallon bucket, graduated to a donated 20 gallon aquarium the next day, moved through a series of progressively larger used tanks I got on Craigslist, and in October 2016 I set up a 400 gallon pool in the basement as an indoor pond for them.
- Aquarium Filter Type:
- Click to view larger image and other views 4000-Gal-Pond-Filter-w-13W-UV-Sterilizer-Koi-Easy-Backwa