Saltwater Aquariums for DummiesBy Gregory Skomal, TFH Publications (1999)
Another book from the "dummy series", Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies does a fairly good job of covering what you need to know about saltwater aquariums with some added humor. It touches on many topics but it leaves out one very important topic - live rock. Live rock is probably the best bio-filter for a marine tank but you won't find out about it in this book. There are a ton of pictures, but they are all black and white. The topics covered in Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies include:
- Choosing the proper location for your aquarium
- How to determine which aquarium filtration type you will need
- How to set the right water temperature in your tank
- How to properly light your tank
- Picking the right accessories such as coral, plants, and ornaments
- Finding the right mix of saltwater fish
- How to check your salt level
- Understanding the nitrogen cycle in saltwater aquariums
Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies does a fair job on educating the reader on saltwater aquariums and it is easy to read and understand. Because it did not discuss many topics at length, including live rock, we give this book .
Author : Mike FishLore
Reviewed by: Mike FishLore
Summary: Book review of Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies
Description: Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies does a fairly good job of covering what you need to know about saltwater aquariums with some added humor.
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.
More Aquarium Book Reviews
© FishLore.com - providing tropical fish tank and aquarium information for freshwater fish and saltwater fish keepers.