Discus Breeding For BeginnersEquipment Needed - Hatching Discus Artificially - The Right Water - Selecting Good Stock
By Jack Wattley, TFH Publications (March 1, 2000)
In Discus Breeding for Beginners, Jack Wattley touches on some of the important topics regarding Discus and the breeding of this highly sought after freshwater fish. The topics that Wattley covers:
- Where the Discus originates
- The different species of Discus
- Discus compatible tank mates - those that go well and those to avoid
- The proper water parameters (ph, hardness, temperature, etc.) for Discus
- The proper filtration setups
- The amount of water changes required
- Breeding the Discus
- Common diseases associated with Discus
Discus Breeding for Beginners has a ton of beautiful pictures of various Discus species and overall I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was one of the first books that I read on Discus and it is still one of my favorites. I was reluctant to keep Discus due to their difficult reputation until reading this book. Check it out.
Author : Mike FishLore
Reviewed by: Mike FishLore
Summary: Book review of Discus Breeding for Beginners
Description: Jack Wattley touches on some of the important topics regarding Discus and the breeding of this highly sought after freshwater fish.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
© FishLore.com - providing tropical fish tank and aquarium information for freshwater fish and saltwater fish keepers.