What a Beard of a Man!

1. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Greetings! I thought I'd start a fun thread here. :;dete

You see, it is my belief that every man who's able to grow a beard should grow a beard of epic proportions at least once during their lifetime, simply for the experience of it! I'm at that point right now. :;santaclaus

So here we go! This is about a week and half's growth -

[​IMG]

And here's about two weeks and half. It was at this point that the corners of my mustache started to ache and were severely annoying me. I almost gave up and shaved it off. I had to resort to using lotion to try and soften the hair and skin up. It worked... to an extent. The very temporary relief really didn't last long. -

[​IMG]

These are about three-four weeks. I noticed that the skin under the hair had become dry and were starting to flake, so I started to use my Head & Shoulders shampoo and conditioner in one on both my hair and my beard. This seemed to do the trick. -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is right now, about a month and half's growth, probably a bit more than that time, closer to two months. The corners of my mustache has stopped hurting and I've reached the point where I'm able to use a fine-tooth comb and actually comb my beard. :;juan It really does help get the tangles out! -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

And now.... We wax it >=D

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

4. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Akari... evil. You're pure evil! Don't you want to pet it and rub it? I've found it works great for stratching an itch when my hands are full. :D

I knew you'd visit this, Dino! That, sir, is what I'd love to do one day... Heck, I could braid it and look like Gimli the Dwarf Lord -

[​IMG]

Credit: padawanjenn

5. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

and who wants to look like gimmley....again?

-j

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

:;a1

Ummm, no. Beards are icky. But at least you wash yours. I swear, some dudes don't... o_O

7. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Mine is washed daily.
    Sometimes in the shower, sometimes by dipping it into a tank;).

I have braided my beard in the past, but do not have any pictures of it.
    Currently, it is about 3/4 of an inch long.

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Mmmm, fish water! My arms are always really soft after playing around in my tanks LOL

9. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

It's a guy thing... Gimli is the most awesomest looking out of anyone in the entire Lord of The Rings movies...

I take care of myself, including my beard, thankyouverymuch...

How was the feeling when it was braided? It must be an interesting sensation... It already is for me with this thick hair.

10. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

some guys are sexy with a beard....

-j

11. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

:;hug2 Zeez, yes it is a guy thing.
    Having met John Davies several time, I have a lot of respect for him, Truly a gentleman.
    I need to get a shot up here with my Gimmley Ax.

As for the difference, having it braided made it lay differently. But it is the same as wearing my hair loose or in a pony tail or top knot.

12. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Gimli, differently the best. I think I've got a good sized beard for my age. Beards are awesome!

13. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Beards R KOOL!

A little bit more longer now, it's taking forever to grow! Just wanted to take a fun photo :) -

[​IMG]

14. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Pretty brave of you growing a beard in Summer. Winter's the time for that silly.

15. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Lol, I have a beard year-round. I just chose to grow it out. :) So far I haven't really noticed much of a difference.

If I shave completely, I look like a 16 year old and my jawline is less defined. So I use the beard to give myself more of a jawline.

16. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Looking good!

I have a year round beard as well.

:;frog12 I've merged your back-to-back posts. Cheers ryanr.

17. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I liked the beard when it was trimmed. I have a friend who can grow a zztop beard in a year, very fast. My son's gets real scraggly looking as it grows long hairs.

18. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I too have my beard year round.

19. cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

That was my objective last winter. I started around Halloween and shaved it a few weeks after St Patricks Day. I honestly just let it grow and didn't attempt to trim the edges at all. I did take a brush to it if we were going somewhere though. lol

Some shots along the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It really began to interfere with my eating and drinking so I had to get rid of it. I could have trimmed out but since it was getting warmer it had to go.

I gave my wife the trimmer and she went to town. I did have a pretty sweet goatee for about 5 minutes. lol

[​IMG]

20. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;laughing