1. FishLore.com uses cookies to help enhance your user experience. Learn more here: Cookies
    Dismiss Notice

temperature challenges

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +5
    My 72 gal is currently at 80 degrees, is that too high:;dk? All my aquarium info is updated..........

Thanks much

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +115
    That's just fine IMO. All my FW tanks are kept between 78-80.

3. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +17
    agreed, not to worry. If you are concerned you could just add an air pump for aeration..

4. Regal

Regal Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +11
    80 is perfect

5. redlessi

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks much, My 35 was always 78 and since I set this up the other day its been 80 and today a few fish looked a little lethargic for a moment but I turned down the heater and everyone is back to normal. Its at 79 now.

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Red. I keep my 265g at 79 degrees and everything is fine. Question: Your aquarium info states you just set up your 72g 11/20/09. Did you mean 2008? Just curious. Or did you use TSS to cycle or seed the the tank?
    Ken

7. redlessi

Ratings:
    +5
    I moved/transfered all of my fish from the 35 gal to the 72 gal on Friday. First I rinsed the tank and gravel out really well. Then I arranged the decor and added the heater. Next was the water, I used 3/4 new water and the rest from the other tank. I added the filters next, 1 new and 1 from the 35 gallon. After about a hour I started adding the fish. I used a pitcher to catch most of them and the rest with the net. Very successful with the exception of my lone 2 danios that are still in the 35 gal, partly to maintain the cycle on that tank but more because I could not catch them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.