1. FishLore.com uses cookies to help enhance your user experience. Learn more here: Cookies
    Dismiss Notice

Siamese twins Guppy fry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Well i woke up today to find a ton of fry. I just stood there watching...
    Then one of the older fry (like 1 1/2 months old) was shaking something up from the bottom. i thought it was food... So i look closer and lo and behold he was eating what seemed like a dead guppy baby. The reason i thought this was because i saw 2 eyes.. then i noticed it looked weird... as if he was squished or something... well the "thing" turned and i then see 4 eyes. The second older guppy fry came along and started having a feast. I pulled out the 2 guppies (tied at the back) and just stared at them. They were so beat up i just went ahead and threw him in the convict tank... i felt bad but i didnt want him to suffer....

Is that normal?

2. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Tony,

I've never heard of any fry in that kind of situation. Sometimes there CAN be fry problems, nobody's fault. Part of nature I guess. Hope it doesn't happen again, I feel so sorry for them :(

3. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +17
    thanks devon. i felt bad too... its probably because the dad was her brother... :;dk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.