Officially a writer

1. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

It's really beginning to sink in. On Easter weekend, at Minicon, Sky-Tinted Waters is going to be released. It's an anthology of short stories from local writers. This will be the first story I've had published.
    Granted, it's just a limited-run printing done by a small-time local publisher, but it's a start.

I've also got two short stories currently being considered for semi-pro markets. One of them even made it past the slush pile, which is a pretty big deal on its own.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Congratulations. I have always been a secret writer. I have never tried to have anything published, but I admire people who do.

3. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

:;hf

way to go, SDS.....

(p.s., love the title and know what it means...) ;)

4. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Congradulations!!!

5. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations!!!

6. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! How can we read your story if it is only in your local market? Unfair!:mad::)

7. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Congratulations! I'm jealous. I'm currently working on a novel myself, though it's far from anywhere close to being complete.

Is there a place where I could order it? Anything to help support a fellow FishLorian!

8. matt6765 Well Known Member Member

Congratulations!!!

9. OUTINFRONT Member Member

Congrats when you get famous remember us common folk.

10. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Congratulations!!!!

11. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

The anthology will be available from Sam's Dot Publishing. They do ship books.

And I'm sorry, Outinfront, but my first task when I become famous and take over the world will be to blame Canada.
    ;D

12. James95 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! I've published a few short stories in some anthologies. It feels so awesome when you finally hold the finished product in your hands!

13. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Way to go! I was a professional writer for many years in the nonfiction market, and I have a friend who has published more than a dozen novels. I KNOW the effort it takes to crank out copy, believe me, and so I heartily congratulate you!

14. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

congrats sds :) must feel really good to have that accomplishment! and i hope there are many more for you

15. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

WOW! Grats Sam. Wishing you the best with your writing endeavors! Will the publisher be able to release a digital version, like for the Amazon kindle?

16. Borisbbadd Guest

Congratulations !!!

17. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

There was nothing in the contract for a digital version, so at this time, no. Sam's Dot is just starting to get involved in the digital market. Hopefully, they'll get around to making all of their titles available electronically, since it doesn't really take much in the way of extra resources to do so.

18. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Good on you :)

19. lorabell Well Known Member Member

How AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

20. nissan4life Member Member

:;laughing

Congrats! I used to secretly write all the time when I was younger, but I could never get over the embarrassment of anyone actually reading it (except for when I was maybe 12 or 13 and penned a stunning masterpiece and shared it with my cousin :p )