1. FishLore.com uses cookies to help enhance your user experience. Learn more here: Cookies
    Dismiss Notice

10 Gallon Tank: Loach has been lying at the bottom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s_burge

s_burge Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help! My dojo loach has been inactive and lying at the bottom of the tank for almost 3 weeks now. I have tried bacteria medication but it hasn't worked. The other fish (goldfish, platy) in the tank are fine. Any suggestions?

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Welcome to the site. If your aquariumn info is correct, I suspect it has outgrown the 10 gallon tank. I've never kept dojos, so maybe someone else will have more to say.

3. Marisseas

Marisseas Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How long have you had the loach? Mine went through a stage similiar to this, but Jaysee is right, a 10 gallon is way too much to keep a dojo loach even for a little while ):

4. s_burge

s_burge Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the loach for about 3 months and the pet store said he would be fine with my platy and molly goldfish. Is he not getting enough oxygen?

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi s_burge and Welcome to Fishlore! :;hi2

According to your aquarium info, you don't have info about the nitrogen cycle. Check out this link which you may find helpful.

http://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

If you do know about it, I'd suggest kindly update your aquarium info so that other members can give you advices and help you without asking too much questions :D

6. wisecrackerz

wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +39
    hey, i don't know if your loach is still being sluggish, but if he/she is, and if you have the space (mine are each about 6 in" now, and not full grown yet), you should get a couple more. i had two, and they were pretty active at first, but then sort of... looked like they got bored. now I have 3, and they chase each other all over the tank all the time (they are actually pretty rowdy, and wake up my pleco during the day when they chase each other into his cave). They're very social fish, they need to be able to... i don't know the technical term for it but i swear it looks like cuddling. Anyway, if you have one just by itself, it's probably not going to be the perkiest of critters.

7. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +215
    I think one dojo in a 10 gallon is one too many.

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +79
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.