1. FishLore.com uses cookies to help enhance your user experience. Learn more here: Cookies
    Dismiss Notice

Hooray! And thanks to help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverwolf

Riverwolf Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to test my tap water for ammonia today to see if possible frustration for slow cycling and my two deceased fish.
    Tap water was a big zero on ammonia. A definite, no question bright solid yellow.
    So that's good and thought I might as well test the tank again while the kit is out-
    another big fat zero and bright no questions yellow!
    I was so happy and shocked that I thought as busy as I was all morning that I must have confused the test tubes. So I repeated the tank and ammonia is zero, nitrates hard to read but looks like 5.0
    Finally.
    Of course now I worry about adding more fish and what they call "mini-cycles".
    Any advice?, I have only 4 neon tetras, and one agassizi cory cat.

2. Dlondon95

Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Congrats in the cycle!

As long as you only add a couple fish at a time, you shouldn't have to worry about mini cycles. :)

3. bowcrazy

bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Personally I would give it a week before upping the school of neons. Give the tank a week to stabile a bit.

4. OUTINFRONT

OUTINFRONT Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Congrats on the cycle only advise i have is take it slow 1 fish give it a week then try another if your tests stay good.

5. deon junior

deon junior Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    give it a week and then test again and then if all is good id add a few more neons first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.