Gender of my baby betta?

1. westiegirl13 Member Member

So I have had this baby betta for almost 3 weeks now. And he was labeled a he. Is he in fact a he? And what kind of betta is he? (Tail-wise)[​IMG]

2. Platylover Well Known Member Member

It looks like a male to me, do you see a grain of salt? I don't think you'll know the tail type for a while, but maybe Flowingfins can help.

3. westiegirl13 Member Member

I don't think so...?

4. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Cute little guy. You'll be surprised by how different he looks in a few months.

5. Platylover Well Known Member Member

I also bought a "baby boy" and it turns out it's a she and not a he. These are the photos from when I first got here up till now[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    To me yours looks like a male because he looks flatter on the stomach and had longer fins. The grain of salt is and egg spot that females have. It looks just like a grain of salt and is near their anal fin.

6. Shiloh Keller Initiate Member

so cute, good luck! :;dolphin

7. westiegirl13 Member Member

Yours looks so different now! She really changed colors a lot. How long ago did you get her?

8. KyleMarie Member Member

He's so cute!! I was thinking about buying a baby myself since they are so cute. Good luck :)

9. Platylover Well Known Member Member

I got her in April, she has really grown and changed. She still has some of her black markings though. It's very interesting raising a betta, their personalities are so neat especially when you raise them. In the beginning I though she might be sweet, let me tell you, she is not sweet... The only thing I can have in the tank is a snail, but if she knew it was alive, well that snail wouldn't be in there. They all have amazing characters, it'll be interesting to see how yours turns out.

10. westiegirl13 Member Member

I have 2 male bettas and one flares at everything. Literally everything. While the other just swims around happily. But I can't wait to see my baby grow up!

11. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry I didn't see this sooner!
    Can you get a better picture from the side? I'm having trouble.